As an Android user, especially Xiaomi, installing a custom recovery is important, for example to root the device, install a custom rom and others. In this post nyonyahidayat.blogspot.com want to develop a tutorial on how to install TWRP Recovery on all types or models of Xiaomi.
System recovery is a program embedded in Android smartphones that is useful for managing the operating system. Actually, all devices already have a built-in recovery, it’s just that the features are incomplete.
What are the advantages of using a custom recovery?
- Display more user friendly
- Users can perform backups and restores
- Able to flash ROM
- Doing a system wipe
The use of a well-known custom recovery is TWRP which was developed by the Win Recovery Project Team. For xiaomi devices, when you want to make changes to the system, you must install TWRP because the features in the default recovery are not as complete as when using a custom recovery. Then how to install it? follow the complete guide below;
How to Install TWRP Recovery on All Xiaomi Models
Immediately the expected materials:
4. Download ADB & Fastboot Driver at (https://bit*ly/2xAE2gQ)
Install TWRP recovery on all Xiaomi devices
Unlocking the bootloader on a Xiaomi device is the first step you should do. If so, we continue to Flash TWRP recovery using fastboot. This method is the most common on all Xiaomi devices except for Android one like Mi A1.
1. First enable USB debugging on the device.
To enable USB debugging
- Entered into Settings> About Phone> Touch Miui Version 7 to 8 times. This is to activate “Developer Options“.
- Back to Settings> Additional Settings> Developer Options. Scroll down and enable Enable USB debugging.
2. Make sure you have installed the USB Driver and ADB & fastboot drivers. Also download the appropriate custom recovery for the device then save it on the computer.
3. Go to the folder where you put the downloaded TWRP recovery file earlier. Rename the recovery.img file to TWRP.img to make it easier to remember.
In that folder Right Click while holding down the Shift key at the same time. From the settings that appear select “Open powershell window here”. Then a command prompt will appear.
4. Reboot the device into fastboot mode. The trick is to turn off the device then press the power and volume down buttons together, within a few seconds the device will enter fastboot mode.
5. Connect the device to the computer using a USB cable.
6. Now you need to enter some commands to complete the flashing process.
In the Powershell window enter the command below to check the list of connected devices. Enter “fastboot device” (without quotes)
7. Next enter the command to install a custom recovery.
“Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” (without quotes)
At the end of the command you have to enter the TWRP recovery file. If you have changed the name to recovery.img then you don’t need to change it again. Or just enter a file that has the final name “.img”.
8. In a few seconds the device will flash TWRP recovery. After that you can enter the command below into the command prompt to reboot the device normally.
“Fastboot reboot” (without quotes)
Now you have successfully installed TWRP recovery on your xiaomi device.
How to get into TWRP recovery.
To enter into recovery, turn off the device and press the power button + volume up simultaneously.
The first time usually there will be a warning “Allowed modification in system partitions” you can swipe to allow modifications or save as “Read only”.
Here are the easy steps to install or install TWRP recovery on all types of Xiaomi devices. Perform the steps above carefully to avoid problems that arise. You can also comment in the comments column if you encounter problems in carrying out the steps above.